Here is a great resource for families:
Cameron County Public Health would like to inform everyone that OPERATION LONE STAR (OLS) 2018 is coming to South Texas. This week-long event is being held Monday, July 23rd through Friday, July 27th, 2018 in Cameron, Hidalgo, Starr, and Webb counties.
As many of you may be aware, OLS is a week-long emergency preparedness exercise that brings together hundreds of volunteers to offer FREE medical services to the community. It is a collaborative effort from local, county, regional, and state agencies, including Texas Military Forces. These FREE services would not be possible without the dedication and support of hundreds of volunteers. With that said, the intention is to serve as many people as possible and kindly ask that you help us spread the word.
Some of the FREE medical services being provided are:
· Immunizations for children,
· Diabetic screening,
· Blood Pressure screenings,
· Hearing and Vision screenings,
· Sports physicals,
· Brownsville & San Juan sites will offer dental services and vision exams for
prescription glasses for adults and children (first-come, first-served)
· Rio Grande City: Preventive dental services for school-aged children and younger